The story behind this recipe can be found in Hankerings’ latest post, Country Grilling in Lexington, Virginia. I hope you enjoy!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 6 to 8 oz. beef filets, cut lengthwise
- 4 brioche rolls, or other rolls of your choosing
- Salt, as needed
- Pepper, as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 / 4 cup sour cream
- 1 / 4 cup crumbled blue cheese, of your choosing
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 / 2 teaspoon garlic powder
D I R E C T I O N S
- Heat the grill to medium heat – about 350*. Coat the grate with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the filets with salt and pepper.
- Place the filets on the grill, cooking them for 4 minutes on each side, until rare. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toast buns, if desired, on the cool part of the grill while the filets are grilling. Remove once toasted.
- To make the blue cheese sauce, combine the sour cream, blue cheese crumbles, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place the filets on the rolls. Top with the blue cheese sauce, and additional blue cheese crumbles if desired.