The story behind this recipe can be found in Hankerings’ latest post, Bonita Springs, Florida. I hope you enjoy!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 / 2 lb. linguini
- 1 / 3 lb. bacon, small diced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 dozen clams, washed and rinsed
- 1 / 3 stick butter, salted or unsalted
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- 2 eggs, whisked, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup parm reg, shredded
D I R E C T I O N S
- Boil a pot of water, and cook the linguini according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In the meantime, brown the bacon in a large sauté pan. Once browned, add the garlic, and sauté on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the clams, the cup of reserved cooking liquid from the pasta, butter, lemon juice, and cover. Steam the clams on medium heat for 10 minutes or so, until the clams have opened. Remove any clams that didn’t open from the pot.
- Off the heat, add the pasta, parm reg, and 2 whisked eggs. Using tongs, stir the pasta until the sauce is thickened and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Plate the pasta, topping each with an egg yolk, garnish with lemon wedges, and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.