The story behind this recipe can be found in Hankerings’ latest post, Bonita Springs, Florida. I hope you enjoy!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 lb. filet of fresh, fatty salmon
- 1 lemon
- 1 / 4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon capers, plus 1 teaspoon caper juice
- 4 oz. parm reg
- Fresh parsley, for garnish, if desired
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- Pepper, as needed
D I R E C T I O N S
- With a thin, flexible knife, shave thin slices of the salmon and place them on a platter. Continue to shave until most of the meat has been removed from the filet, cutting off dark red pieces of the salmon for better presentation and taste.
- Cut the lemon in half. Combine the juice from half the lemon with the sour cream, capers, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a teaspoon or so of olive oil. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Cut the remaining half of lemon into slices. Arrange them on top of the salmon. Pour half the sauce over the top of the salmon, saving some for additional use later, if desired.
- Shave the parm reg over the salmon, and sprinkle with minced parsley, if desired. Garnish with cracked pepper as well, if desired.
- Serve room temperature.